Since SketchUp is simple to use it is used in many fields especially architecture. This simplicity is also a limiting factor in architectural design.
Therefore, there is a need for expanding SketchUp functionality which can be done with plugins.Given below are some plugins which can be used for the purpose of architectural design:
1. LumenRT – E-on It is a software plugin which is used for the visualization of architectural projects in actual time 3D with photorealistic illumination.
2. V-Ray for Sketchup – This plugin is useful for faster rendering, even better lighting tools, and for the creation and visualization of complex scenes.
3. Maxwell for SketchUp – Now with the advanced Maxwell Render technology the package is simple and also self-contained.
4. Indigo Renderer – It is a photorealistic renderer where with the simulation of the physics of light which helps in achieving image realism that is important for architectural and product visualization.
5. IRendernXt – This can be used by architects and designers to create presentation-quality images of their SketchUp designs.
6. Artisan – it is a plugin which is used for amorphous and organic design.
7. SketchUpBIM – This can be used to transform SketchUp into BIM software, this can be used to make building model faster.
8. Soap Skin & Bubble – Tensile Structures – This will help you to build a flexible form along with tensile structures.
9. Dibac – Architectural drawing inside SketchUp – you can use this to draw architectural plans with the use of 2D tools after which you can automatically get a 3D version of it.
10. BuildEdge PLAN – By using this you can draw parametrically connected buildings models.
11. 1001bit Tools – This is a collection of various tools which can be used for fast creation of architectural elements.
12. Architect Tools – This is a selection of tools which is used for generating buildings andstepped terrains.
13. MODELUR – This is a parametric Urban Design tool which you can use to quickly create and test different urban design alternatives right inside SketchUp.
14. PhotoSketch – by using this you can build 3D models in your present urban structures from 2D photographs.
15. Keyframe Animation – This will help you to ass movement to any objects and therefore animate your SketchUp model.
16. Podium Walker – This is a photo-realistic real-time walkthrough animation plugin.
17. BIMobject Sketchup app – This will help you to find a number of real SketchUp objects from real manufacturers.
18. ProjectSketch – By using this you can select and place Commercial Office Furniture in SketchUp drawings.
19. Export plugin for Artlantis 4 – This plugin will allow you to export from Sketchup to Artlantis 4.
20. Viso3D – This can convert SketchUp models which will allow to view or navigate it in 3D on an iPad or iPhone/ iTouch.
21. IFC2SKP – This will help you to load the geometry or object data from the IFC file format exported from popular BIM (CAD) applications, for example ArchiCAD, Revit and Microstation.
22. Affinity – This plugin will allow you to form a connection between the model, the spreadsheet and all the underlying data about the building requirements.
23. IESVE for Architects – This will help you to get an architectural analysis through guided workflows.
24. BiMUp 5D – Using this you can perform calculations just by using formulas and then produce as many reports as required using the bespoke templates.
25. Product Connect – This is a flexible takeoff & reporting solution by using which you will know what is really there in your SketchUp model.
26. Timber Frame Rubies – This plugin will help in simplifying modeling of timber frame designs in 3D.
27. Timber Framing Extensions – This can be used to automate mortise & tenon joinery and then generate material lists, etc.
Vali Architects plugins
28. Instant Roof – By using this tool you can create fast complex roofs; all you have to do is just select faces and edges.
29. Instant Fence & Railing – This tool as is obvious by the name can create fences, balcony railings, handrails, banisters.
30. Instant Wall – This tool can create site walls, retaining walls, pilasters, curbs.
31. Instant Terrain – You can create simplified terrain meshes by avoiding over complex terrains or even terrains with problems, or over objects.
32. Instant Road – By using this you can automatically create roads on a terrain using either an outline or a centerline for input.
33. Instant Site Grader – This will help you tomerge terrain around a closed boundary.
SketchUcation plugins and scripts
34. Joint Push Pull – This plugin can perform push pull on multiple faces in one operation.
35. Surface Operations – This is a Suite of Tools using which you can draw on curved surfaces, with lines, various shapes, offset and Freehand / Polyline.
36. Free Scale – By using free scale you can orientate the selection box around a set of objects and in an interactive manner can apply a number of geometric transformations.
37. Sketchy Bevel – Using this you can control how far to inset the faces.
38. RoundCorner – This helps in rounding of the edges and corners of 3D shapes along a 2D profile.